Vines to wines Academy offers you a journey through local wine shops, wine cellars, cultural events and history. Learn and explore wine and its many facets, colors, aromas and stories of Austria, Slovenia and Hungary.
The tour takes you from the hotel to the vineyards and wine cellars, to historic town squares, medieval cities, baroque palaces, monasteries and scenic vistas. All while expert guides ensure you sample the local culinary specialties. They are here for you every step, so you can relax and enjoy your journey. We visit World Heritage sights like the Banks of the Danube River and Buda Castle in Budapest, and Tokaj. Practice saying “Apfelstrudel” and “Gruener Veltliner”, learn to count “Forint”, Hungary’s currency, and savor “Furmint”, “Harslevelu”, “Olaszrizling”, and “Kekfrankos” wines. Experience the vibrancy of Budapest and Vienna as well as Slovenian jewels off the beaten path.
Trip Highlights & Itinerary
• Arrive in Vienna, check into your hotel and meet for a guided city tour, in the late-afternoon join us at a welcome reception and introduction to Austrian wine-regions at one of Vienna’s old town taverns
• After breakfast, board your private coach for tastings of “Gruener Veltliner” and a cruise on the River Danube as you depart for a visit to the historic city of Melk and its famous Abbey, the idyllic “Wachau” -wine-region with winery tours and tastings
• Visit and tour Austria’s “Burgenland” – wine-region and “Neusiedlersee”, where introductions to “Riesling”,” Zweigelt” and “Blaufraenkisch” are in order, evening check into hotel in Slovenia.
• This eastern region of Slovenia is its largest wine region with a chain of picturesque hill sites and ancient towns. Meet Old World wine growers with New World ambitions and visit along the cities of Manibor, Ljutomer Ormoz, and Jeruzalem -where legend has it that the crusaders rested on their journey to Biblical Jerusalem. Enjoy breathtaking vistas and immerse yourself into regional culinary delights and fine wines. After a second night in Slovenia, the journey continues east to the shore of the largest lake in Europe: “Lake Balaton” for a wine tasting along its shore;
• Enjoy a free morning in Heviz, shop at the local markets or take a dip in the thermal hot springs and lake of this Spa town; afternoon visit to “Keszthely castle” and vineyard, dinner and wine tasting in the historic cellar, return to Heviz;
• Today you are a guest of “The Taste of Hungary” at the 25th anniversary of the International Wine festival “Budavar” on Castle Hill in gorgeous Budapest, enjoy the festivities and learn about the diverse Hungarian wine culture, regions and world famous wines like “Bulls Blood”, “Tokaij Azu” and Kekfrankos.
• We say farewell after our morning city sightseeing tour of Budapest, the afternoon is free or transfer to the airport or main train station for those with a late afternoon or evening departure;
What is included:
- Fully escorted tour with expert wine-related instructions in English throughout.
- 2 nights in Vienna, 2 nights in Slovenia, 2 nights in Heviz, 1 night in Budapest in comfortable rooms in private bath
- 7 delicious breakfasts, 4 gourmet lunches with fine local wines, 6 gastronomic diners with fine local wines
- Professional-level tours and extensive tastings at top-quality wine producers
- Transportation in private air-conditioned bus or coach
- 2 city sightseeing tours and all entry fees
- River cruise on Danube
- Fees, taxes, and gratuity for hotel and wait staff; transfer to airport or train station on the last day
What is not included:
- Airfare to the destination
- Meals and incidentals which are not listed in the itinerary
- Travel insurance. passport fees, and anything else not listed in “What is Included” list
US $3,450/person (at double occupancy)
Single supplement: Add US $400/person
Deposit of US US $1,000 by March 31, 2016
Full payment by May 31, 2016
If you are interested about this event please contact Stogram by mail or on phone.